Our Development Officer Brent Suski has moved on to a new position as a Project Manager with the U.S. Green Building Council. As many of you know, Brent started with Rebuilding Together as an AmeriCorps member, joining our staff full-time as a Program Manager and then ultimately moving into his most recent position as our Development Officer. Brent’s knowledge, enthusiasm and dedication will be missed. He plans to continue his involvement with Rebuilding Together as a volunteer and we look forward to continuing to have him contribute to our work. Please join us in congratulating Brent and wishing him well on this next chapter!
Looking for a fun and creative way to volunteer with us? Here are some ideas:
1. Feed hungry volunteers by bringing lunch to a repair project.
2. Join a committee. We have several committees focused on upcoming special events and we welcome new members!
3. Help stuff envelopes! We host a Letter-Palooza (mailing campaign party) twice a year and we’d love to have you join us, introduce your friends and family to Rebuilding Together, and help us raise money so that we can help more homeowners in need.
4. Form a Safe at Home Crew. Learn how to install essential safety and accessibility modifications to prevent falls for older adults throughout the Twin Cities. We hold trainings once a quarter, so let us know if you would like to attend the next one.
5. Greet Visitors at our office. We are looking for volunteer receptionist who can answer telephones and help us with data entry.
6. Put the “Fun” in fundraise by holding a bake sale, wrap gifts, or coordinate a bike or walk event to benefit Rebuilding Together Twin Cities.
Be creative, have fun and raise money to help homeowners in need in our community stay in their homes! If you’re interested in learning more about getting involved with Rebuilding Together Twin Cities, please email Brent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are excited to announce that Brent Suski has joined the staff at Rebuilding Together Twin Cities as our Program Manager! As you may know, Brent recently completed a year of service with us through the AmeriCorps program as a Project Coordinator. In that position, he demonstrated a passion for serving homeowners in need, as well as strong project management, volunteer coordination and design skills. He is a great permanent addition to our team! Welcome Brent!
Rebuilding Together Twin Cities was incredibly fortunate to have Kelly Bandman, Tim Erkel and Brent Suski serve as AmeriCorps Project Coordinators with us over the last year. Their terms of service ended this month, and we would like to thank them for their hard work and dedication.
Tim will be continuing his AmeriCorps service with the Rebuilding Together affiliate in Seattle. Both Brent and Kelly plan to stay in the Twin Cities and continue working in the nonprofit world, helping people in need and working to improve the quality of their lives.
Kelly, Tim and Brent have been incredible to work with over the last year. Your hard work, dedication, professionalism and enthusiasm for our mission have proven invaluable. Best of luck with this next chapter of your lives!